Sam at Mt. Rogers

Sam at Mt. Rogers

I have been to the mountains quite a number of times. I've been to the Appalachian Mountains and the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Mount Rogers is the most amazing part of them. Mount Rogers is the highest mountain in Virginia, and it's the coldest from my experience. Mount Rogers is also a quite rural area of Virginia, which makes sense since it's in the mountains. I've been here only three times, but those three times were a wonder.

I first went there with my family in 2009. I was at the campground of Grayson Highlands State Park the first two times. We brought our trailer for convenience. We also brought our dogs to have fun with. The campground was in a forest. It was a tad humid, and it had poison ivy, but it had a nice view outside the forest. At Mount Rogers, I was able to take a hike on the trail. I saw wild horses, blueberries, and colorful trees in the fall. The trail was nice and relaxing, and it was excellent for hiking, let alone backpacking.

I also went backpacking on Mount Rogers in the Fall. While backpacking, my family and I came across a water source and we set up our tents. The view was astounding, especially since it was snowy. It got as cold as 3 degrees Fahrenheit! The snow made the trees look magical and made the view look white and reflective. I caught the cold on the way, but I dealt with it. I also remember hiking on top of a steep rock. It was agonizing, but I got to the top.

Mount Rogers is a beautiful place to go because of its diversity, amazing views, and nice weather. It is a place I recommend going, especially if you live in Virginia.

Comments