Sam at Emerald Isle, North Carolina

Sam at Emerald Isle, North Carolina

Every year, my family and I go to Emerald Isle for our annual beach trip. Emerald Isle is a town on the island of Bogue Banks, which is an island on the coastline of North Carolina. At Emerald Isle, we swim at the beach, we fish, we go to restaurants, we go to aquariums, and we do other stuff as well. We look forward to it because of the nice view of the place, the salty smell in the air, and because of the fact that our resort is on the sound, the shallow body of water between the island and the mainland.

Sunset over Bogue Sound
I generally prefer Emerald Isle over other beaches because it has a nice sunset view over the sound, it's not too urbanized and it's not too rural either. In the mornings I get up and enjoy the nice breeze and make myself breakfast. I'm usually the first to get up. When everybody else gets up, we go to the beach, and at the beach, we swim, walk on the beach, my dad fishes, and my mom reads.


Sun on the water
In the afternoons we would eat lunch and then go kayaking in the sound, or I would go fishing in my dad's porta-bote. We would all also go to the aquarium. In the evenings we would watch the sunset as the darkness of night swallows the light. At night we would go out to eat at various seafood restaurants, and afterwards we would play mini-golf or walk on the beach.




The sound is peaceful and serene, and the beach is loud because of the waves. Emerald Isle is urban enough to keep me entertained with seafood and other activities like mini-golf, and it's beachy enough to keep me going there.

Comments